EU and Japan sign one of world’s largest trade-acts. Photo: AP
Tokyo, July 19 (RHC)-- The European Union and Japan have signed one of the world’s largest free-trade agreements during a meeting of leaders in Tokyo. The trade deal will cover a quarter of the global economy.
The EU-Japan agreement comes as the Donald Trump administration has imposed tariffs on steel and aluminum from the European Union, threatened to incite a trade war with China, and pulled out of sweeping trade deals like the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership.
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2933
- today: 1408
- online: 126
- total: 5648488