Israel plans large-scale attack on Gaza. Photo: AFP
Tel Aviv, July 24 (RHC)-- In southern Israel, Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman announced that Israel was preparing to launch a “large and painful military operation” that he said would rival the 2014 assault on Gaza, which killed over 2,300 Palestinians while leaving 17,000 injured.
This comes as Israel further tightened its blockade on the Gaza Strip, barring deliveries of natural gas and other fuels. In a statement, the U.N.'s Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs said Israel's fuel blockade would exacerbate the already dire living conditions in Gaza, and raised concerns of collective punishment.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3116
- today: 1655
- online: 141
- total: 6038842