Trump may shut down government if he doesn't get his wall. Photo: AP
Washington, July 30 (RHC)-- U.S. President Donald Trump is threatening to shut down the government if Congress doesn’t allocate $25 billion for the border wall.
Trump tweeted Sunday: “I would be willing to ‘shut down’ government if the Democrats do not give us the votes for Border Security, which includes the Wall! Must get rid of Lottery, Catch & Release etc. and finally go to system of Immigration based on MERIT! We need great people coming into our Country!”
The U.S. Congress has until September 30th to agree on a spending bill to avoid a federal government shutdown.
- Debates at ALBA Summit focus on regional situation
- RHC's national and international news stories Dec. 14
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3718
- today: 708
- online: 107
- total: 6774982