Trump tweet reveals he lied about son’s 2016 meeting with Russian lawyer. Photo: Twitter
Washington, August 7 (RHC)-- U.S. President Donald Trump has admitted that the purpose of a June 2016 meeting in Trump Tower between a Kremlin-connected lawyer and Trump’s son, Donald Trump Jr., was to get "dirt" on Hillary Clinton.
Earlier, Trump tweeted: “Fake News reporting, a complete fabrication, that I am concerned about the meeting my wonderful son, Donald, had in Trump Tower. This was a meeting to get information on an opponent, totally legal and done all the time in politics -- and it went nowhere. I did not know about it!”
Trump’s tweet reveals that he lied last year when he personally dictated a statement, released by his son, Donald Trump Jr., which claimed the meeting was mostly about U.S. adoption of Russian children.
- Cuba denounces the United States for adopting measures aimed at hindering everyday life in the Caribbean state
- Frei Betto: I believe the socialist project clearly corresponds to what Martí said when he spoke of Motherland as Humanity
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #61
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT
- Visit Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 10188
- today: 1799
- online: 193
- total: 7074783