Trump tweet reveals he lied about son’s 2016 meeting with Russian lawyer. Photo: Twitter
Washington, August 7 (RHC)-- U.S. President Donald Trump has admitted that the purpose of a June 2016 meeting in Trump Tower between a Kremlin-connected lawyer and Trump’s son, Donald Trump Jr., was to get "dirt" on Hillary Clinton.
Earlier, Trump tweeted: “Fake News reporting, a complete fabrication, that I am concerned about the meeting my wonderful son, Donald, had in Trump Tower. This was a meeting to get information on an opponent, totally legal and done all the time in politics -- and it went nowhere. I did not know about it!”
Trump’s tweet reveals that he lied last year when he personally dictated a statement, released by his son, Donald Trump Jr., which claimed the meeting was mostly about U.S. adoption of Russian children.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3333
- today: 2465
- online: 111
- total: 6033497