Trump tweet reveals he lied about son’s 2016 meeting with Russian lawyer. Photo: Twitter
Washington, August 7 (RHC)-- U.S. President Donald Trump has admitted that the purpose of a June 2016 meeting in Trump Tower between a Kremlin-connected lawyer and Trump’s son, Donald Trump Jr., was to get "dirt" on Hillary Clinton.
Earlier, Trump tweeted: “Fake News reporting, a complete fabrication, that I am concerned about the meeting my wonderful son, Donald, had in Trump Tower. This was a meeting to get information on an opponent, totally legal and done all the time in politics -- and it went nowhere. I did not know about it!”
Trump’s tweet reveals that he lied last year when he personally dictated a statement, released by his son, Donald Trump Jr., which claimed the meeting was mostly about U.S. adoption of Russian children.
- Jazz Place
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: No one is going to take from us the confidence in the future which we owe our children
- Imperialism and Revolution / Program 8
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba works toward perfecting its political system
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 9
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3476
- today: 3094
- online: 179
- total: 6477997