U.S. policy of separating young children from mothers is criminal. Photo: AFP
Washington, August 14 (RHC)-- A newly-published open letter signed by over 1,000 U.S. mental health professionals and organizations has condemned the Donald Trump administration’s practice of separating children and parents at the border, writing: “We cannot afford to forget that there is a history of separating children from their parents: during slave auctions; during the forced assimilation of American Indians; and during the Holocaust.
The open letter says: "To somehow convince ourselves that this systematic traumatization of children has no bearing on the lives of these children and no impact on the legacy of our country is to be living in an alternate universe. And to not care about the impact these policies have on these children is to succumb to the worst potential of humanity.
- RHC's national and international news stories August 22
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 22
- RHC's IMPERIALISM AND REVOLUTION August 22
- RHC's national and international news stories August 21
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 21
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 21
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3721
- today: 2127
- online: 141
- total: 6277801