Sale of U.S.-made bomb that killed 40 children in Yemen cleared by Donald Trump administration. Photo: AP
Sanaa, August 21 (RHC)-- Reports from Yemen say that the U.S.-made bomb that killed 40 children when it struck their school bus in Yemen’s northern city of Saada was similar to other bombs that hit civilian targets.
According to news agencies in the Middle East, the laser-guided MK 82, is similar to U.S.-manufactured bombs that struck a Yemeni market, killing 97 people, and a funeral home in Sanaa, killing 155 people, in 2016.
Following the funeral home massacre, the Barack Obama administration banned the sale of precision-guided military technology to Saudi Arabia. However, the Donald Trump administration overturned the ban last year, renewing sales of the weapon made by Lockheed Martin.
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2933
- today: 1393
- online: 122
- total: 5648473