Sale of U.S.-made bomb that killed 40 children in Yemen cleared by Donald Trump administration. Photo: AP
Sanaa, August 21 (RHC)-- Reports from Yemen say that the U.S.-made bomb that killed 40 children when it struck their school bus in Yemen’s northern city of Saada was similar to other bombs that hit civilian targets.
According to news agencies in the Middle East, the laser-guided MK 82, is similar to U.S.-manufactured bombs that struck a Yemeni market, killing 97 people, and a funeral home in Sanaa, killing 155 people, in 2016.
Following the funeral home massacre, the Barack Obama administration banned the sale of precision-guided military technology to Saudi Arabia. However, the Donald Trump administration overturned the ban last year, renewing sales of the weapon made by Lockheed Martin.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2951
- today: 3177
- online: 114
- total: 6064255