U.S. State Department specialists opposed Mike Pompeo’s decision to continue backing Saudi assault in Yemen
U.S. secretary of state continues to support Saudi attacks against Yemen. Photo: Press TV
Washington, September 25 (RHC)-- The Wall Street Journal is reporting that U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has backed continued U.S. support for the Saudi-led assault on Yemen despite objections from his own staff.
While specialists in the State Department warned about the rising civilian death toll in Yemen, Pompeo expressed concern that any cutoff of support to Saudi Arabia could impact U.S. arms deals, including a plan to sell more than 120,000 precision-guided missiles to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
Mike Pompeo and his boss, Donald Trump, have ignored United nations warnings that Yemen is now facing the worst humanitarian crisis in the world.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4694
- today: 3782
- online: 208
- total: 6760701