Peruvian judge annuls Fujimori's pardon, orders arrest. Photo: AP
Lima, October 4 (RHC)-- A Peruvian judge on Wednesday annulled a presidential pardon granted to former authoritarian leader Alberto Fujimori late last year and ordered him to be immediately arrested and returned to prison.
Fujimori, who is now 80 years-old, was granted a pardon for human rights crimes by former president Pedro Pablo Kuczynski last December, three days after Kuczynski narrowly survived an impeachment vote with the help of Fujimori's supporters in Congress.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11605
- today: 9800
- online: 217
- total: 6997576