Sputkik World Photo
Cacacas, October 6 (RHC)-- The Venezuelan government has announced that it will donate $10 million from its "solidarity fund" for Indonesian victims of the recent earthquake and tsunami.
Venezuela's Vice President Delcy Rodriquez confirmed the news on her Twitter account, saying: "President Nicolas Maduro has approved the donation of $10 million to our sisters and brothers from Indonesia, which will be pulled from the country's solidarity fund and used to attend to the victims of the devastating earthquake and tsunami that caused thousands of deaths and injuries."
The death toll is over 1,400, with the Indonesian National Board for Disaster Management Sutopo Purwo claiming there would be more fatalities. Currently, there are over 2,500 injuries while 114 people are still missing.
- Cuban president rejects U.S. interference
- Cuban scholar: the Trump administration will fail because they do not understand Cuba's reality
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- In Brazil, weapons may be freely used
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2791
- today: 475
- online: 104
- total: 5557255