Sputkik World Photo
Cacacas, October 6 (RHC)-- The Venezuelan government has announced that it will donate $10 million from its "solidarity fund" for Indonesian victims of the recent earthquake and tsunami.
Venezuela's Vice President Delcy Rodriquez confirmed the news on her Twitter account, saying: "President Nicolas Maduro has approved the donation of $10 million to our sisters and brothers from Indonesia, which will be pulled from the country's solidarity fund and used to attend to the victims of the devastating earthquake and tsunami that caused thousands of deaths and injuries."
The death toll is over 1,400, with the Indonesian National Board for Disaster Management Sutopo Purwo claiming there would be more fatalities. Currently, there are over 2,500 injuries while 114 people are still missing.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2951
- today: 2806
- online: 143
- total: 6063884