India signs major weapons deal with Russia as Trump threatens sanctions. Photo: Google
Washington, October 8 (RHC)-- In the United States, the Donald Trump administration is warning India it could face sanctions over its decision to purchase a $5 billion missile defense system from Russia.
Talk of U.S. sanctions came as Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi welcomed Russian President Vladimir Putin to New Delhi. U.S. weapons makers Lockheed Martin and Boeing are seeking contracts worth billions of dollars to replace India’s aging fleet of Russian-built warplanes.
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 16
- The Cuban government announces plan to capture foreign currencies and stimulate national industrial production
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Roy Brown: Puerto Rico is neither free nor a US State
- Cuban and foreign experts debate new trends and achievements in physical medicine and rehab
- Notes on the Revolution / Column 18
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3987
- today: 3892
- online: 135
- total: 6490240