India signs major weapons deal with Russia as Trump threatens sanctions. Photo: Google
Washington, October 8 (RHC)-- In the United States, the Donald Trump administration is warning India it could face sanctions over its decision to purchase a $5 billion missile defense system from Russia.
Talk of U.S. sanctions came as Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi welcomed Russian President Vladimir Putin to New Delhi. U.S. weapons makers Lockheed Martin and Boeing are seeking contracts worth billions of dollars to replace India’s aging fleet of Russian-built warplanes.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3116
- today: 1525
- online: 136
- total: 6038712