Haddad accuses far-Right Bolsonaro of paid on-line smear campaign. Photo: AP
Brasilia, October 19 (RHC)-- In Brazil, the far-right frontrunning presidential candidate Jair Bolsonaro is being accused of profiting from a misinformation campaign smearing his opponent Fernando Haddad.
Haddad’s Worker’s Party is calling for an investigation into the campaign allegedly funded by pro-Bolsonaro entrepreneurs, using the popular social networking platform WhatsApp.
Meanwhile, a campaign video released by Haddad is drawing attention to the link between Bolsonaro and President Trump’s former chief strategist Steve Bannon. Bannon has been accused of sabotaging democratic regimes around the world by using false news reports to spread fear and violence to win elections.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 25 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 25, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 24 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 23 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 23, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 22, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6118
- today: 5936
- online: 323
- total: 8019310