Donald Trump delivers remarks in the Rose Garden at the White House in Washington, DC on February 15, 2019. Photo: AFP
Washington, February 15 (RHC)-- U.S. President Trump announced Friday he was declaring a national emergency to fulfill his pledge to construct a wall along the US-Mexico border.
Bypassing Congress, which approved far less money for his proposed wall than he had sought, Trump said he would use executive action to siphon billions of dollars from federal military construction and counter-drug efforts for the wall, aides said. The move is already drawing bipartisan criticism on Capitol Hill and expected to face rounds of legal challenges.
Trump made the announcement from the Rose Garden at the White House, as he claimed illegal immigration was -- in this words -- “an invasion of our country.”
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8873
- today: 2907
- online: 194
- total: 7384350