Another Mexican migrant dies in U.S. custody. Photo: teleSUR
El Paso, February 20 (RHC)-- A Mexican national has died while in the custody of U.S. Border Patrol in Texas earlier this week. The unidentified 45-year-old sought medical attention twice before his death and was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver and congestive heart failure, although the cause of death is still unknown.
He is the third known migrant to die in recent months while in U.S. government custody. In December last year, two Guatemalan children died in the care of Border Patrol agents in New Mexico, sparking outrage and calls to overhaul the agency’s response to sick migrants.
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Cuba advances towards fulfilling all 17 goals contained in Agenda 2030 of the United Nations
- Cuban Volleyball players ready to sign pro contracts
- European Economy shrinks!
- Cuban lawmakers prepare bills for weekend legislature vote
- President Diaz-Canel assures that development of Cuba’s tourism industry will keep its pace despite Washington's blockake
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3219
- today: 2864
- online: 137
- total: 6136381