Another Mexican migrant dies in U.S. custody. Photo: teleSUR
El Paso, February 20 (RHC)-- A Mexican national has died while in the custody of U.S. Border Patrol in Texas earlier this week. The unidentified 45-year-old sought medical attention twice before his death and was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver and congestive heart failure, although the cause of death is still unknown.
He is the third known migrant to die in recent months while in U.S. government custody. In December last year, two Guatemalan children died in the care of Border Patrol agents in New Mexico, sparking outrage and calls to overhaul the agency’s response to sick migrants.
- RHC's special broadcast on the Cuban health system and the country's international health cooperation
- RHC's national and international news stories Feb.17
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's segment 'The Jazz Place'
- RHC's national and international news stories
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8346
- today: 316
- online: 174
- total: 7320868