Washington, March 27 (RHC)-- In the U.S., the Pentagon has authorized the transfer of $1 billion to begin building a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border, over which Trump declared a national emergency. The first phase of funding will reportedly go toward 57 miles of 18-foot-high fencing along the Yuma and El Paso sections of the border.
Democratic lawmakers immediately condemned the news, saying the administration did not go through the appropriate channels and request permission from the Senate Appropriations Committee to divert the money from military personnel funds.
In a letter to acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan, Democratic senators on the committee wrote: “We have serious concerns that the Department has allowed political interference and pet projects to come ahead of many near-term, critical readiness issues facing our military.”
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 4, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 04, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 03, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 2, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing for June 30, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5174
- today: 819
- online: 129
- total: 8271650