La Paz, Apr 1 (RHC), -- The first Bolivian Telecommunications Satellite Tupac Katari starts commercial operations today, advised the director of the Bolivian Space Agency, Ivan Zambrana.
“We have just finished the testing and implementation phase of the project and today we'll start offering commercial services,” Zambrana stated.
He also said the state Telecommunications National Company S.A will lower rates in prepaid mobile telephone services and broadband Internet.
Tupac Katari was launched on December 20, 2013 from the Satellite Launch Center of XiGuan in China and will be devoted to provide communications and broadcasting services to Bolivia and surrounding countries.
The construction and launching of the satellite took place in China, where Bolivian personnel received training.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3400
- today: 2190
- online: 137
- total: 4929893