Islamabad, Apr 9 (RHC), – At least 24 people have been killed and dozens others wounded in a bomb attack in the Pakistani capital, Islamabad, officials say.
The explosion took place on Wednesday morning in a busy fruit and vegetable market.
"We have received 15 dead bodies and 35 injured people," said Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) spokeswoman Ayesha Isani, adding that two patients were in a critical condition.
No group has claimed responsibility for the terrorist attack, which are of common occurrence in the Asian country, where numerous Islamic armed groups linked to the Taliban movement and terrorist organization al-Qaeda operate.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3670
- today: 380
- online: 111
- total: 4939956