Berlin, September 3 (RHC)-- In Germany, regional elections saw the far-right party Alternative for Deutschland make its largest gains ever, coming in second place behind the country’s main centrist parties, including Chancellor Angela Merkel’s center-right Christian Democratic Party.
The elections were held on the 80th anniversary of the Nazi invasion of Poland. German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier on Sunday asked Poland for forgiveness for the Nazi invasion in 1939.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11072
- today: 6384
- online: 212
- total: 7058986