Berlin, September 3 (RHC)-- In Germany, regional elections saw the far-right party Alternative for Deutschland make its largest gains ever, coming in second place behind the country’s main centrist parties, including Chancellor Angela Merkel’s center-right Christian Democratic Party.
The elections were held on the 80th anniversary of the Nazi invasion of Poland. German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier on Sunday asked Poland for forgiveness for the Nazi invasion in 1939.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4748
- today: 1292
- online: 223
- total: 6767110