Washington, November 7 (RHC)-- A new ProPublica investigation reveals how Vice President Mike Pence’s office interfered with foreign aid programs in order to reroute the money to Christian groups abroad, particularly in Iraq.
The investigation reveals how longtime officials worried that the White House interference in USAID funding programs could be unconstitutional because it favored one religion -- Christianity -- over others. The officials were also concerned that perceptions that the U.S. was favoring some religious groups could worsen sectarian divisions in Iraq.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4302
- today: 2968
- online: 186
- total: 6750349