Brasilia, November 8 (RHC)-- In Brazil, the judge that sits on the case of former President Lula Inacio Lula da Silva has authorized his release Friday after his defense attorneys made the request before the Federal Justice of Curitiba.
At 10:00 a.m., local time, the lawyers met with the former plaintiff to discuss the appeal that would release him while confirming or discarding his conviction for alleged corruption.
The judicial action takes place after the Supreme Federal Court (STF) of Brazil revoked on Thursday the unconstitutional decision of prison after conviction in the second instance.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4132
- today: 3193
- online: 135
- total: 6746272