London, December 13 (RHC)-- In the United Kingdom, Prime Minister Boris Johnson and his Conservative Party won a landslide victory during Thursday’s decisive national election, dealing a devastating blow to Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour Party. Corbyn has said he will step down as head of the party after a “period of reflection.”
It was the Labour Party’s worst electoral defeat in 84 years. The Conservatives are projected to win 364 seats in the British House of Commons, versus only 203 for the Labour Party. This would give the Conservatives the largest majority since 1987, when Margaret Thatcher was in power.
The Conservative Party’s sweeping victory all but guarantees Brexit — Britain’s departure from the European Union — early next year. The party won resoundingly despite Prime Minister Boris Johnson being accused of Islamophobia, xenophobia and sexual harassment.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 31, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 31 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 30 , 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6843
- today: 3870
- online: 237
- total: 8075772