Caracas, April 22 (RHC) -- Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi, on a tour of Latin America, met his Venezuelan counterpart Elias Jaua Monday to discuss boosting cooperation in a range of areas including energy.
The diplomats also discussed enhancing collaboration on industrial development, as well as education, housing and cultural matters, the Venezuelan foreign ministry said.
Wang was due to meet later with President Nicolas Maduro.
The top Chinese diplomat arrived in Caracas from his first stop in the region, Cuba.
China is Cuba's number two economic partner after Venezuela and is a critical source of financing for the Caribbean nation.
After his Venezuelan visit, Wang was to head to Argentina and Brazil, the latter being South America's industrial, farm and financial giant.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3645
- today: 832
- online: 95
- total: 6041664