Washington, March 20 (RHC)-- In the United States, the pandemic has reached all 50 states, after West Virginia reported its first COVID-19 patient. There have been over 176 deaths in the U.S., but public health experts warn the true rate of infection is likely much higher due to a severe shortage of tests.
Many people who spread the virus are asymptomatic, helping the pathogen to pass undetected from host to host. Researchers at the Imperial College of London warn in a new study that without dramatic action, the novel coronavirus could kill as many as 2.2 million people living in the United States.
Despite the dire warnings, large crowds continue to gather in many parts of the country. In Florida, beaches were full of spring break revelers and were open, even though Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has ordered bars and nightclubs closed.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 31, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 31 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 30 , 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6843
- today: 4770
- online: 243
- total: 8076672