New York, May 15 (RHC)-- Thousands of fast-food workers staged a one-day strike today in least 150 cities across the United States and in more than 30 countries around the world.
Workers are demanding the right to organize and calling for a doubling of their wages from the current minimum wage of $7.25 an hour to $15 an hour.
Organizers with Fast Food Forward say the actions for better salaries and working conditions have spread to fast food restaurants throughout the world.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3453
- today: 1246
- online: 105
- total: 4947543