New York, May 15 (RHC)-- Thousands of fast-food workers staged a one-day strike today in least 150 cities across the United States and in more than 30 countries around the world.
Workers are demanding the right to organize and calling for a doubling of their wages from the current minimum wage of $7.25 an hour to $15 an hour.
Organizers with Fast Food Forward say the actions for better salaries and working conditions have spread to fast food restaurants throughout the world.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4241
- today: 2752
- online: 215
- total: 4102948