New York, May 15 (RHC)-- Thousands of fast-food workers staged a one-day strike today in least 150 cities across the United States and in more than 30 countries around the world.
Workers are demanding the right to organize and calling for a doubling of their wages from the current minimum wage of $7.25 an hour to $15 an hour.
Organizers with Fast Food Forward say the actions for better salaries and working conditions have spread to fast food restaurants throughout the world.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4569
- today: 2734
- online: 186
- total: 3851347