New York, May 15 (RHC)-- Thousands of fast-food workers staged a one-day strike today in least 150 cities across the United States and in more than 30 countries around the world.
Workers are demanding the right to organize and calling for a doubling of their wages from the current minimum wage of $7.25 an hour to $15 an hour.
Organizers with Fast Food Forward say the actions for better salaries and working conditions have spread to fast food restaurants throughout the world.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4714
- today: 851
- online: 165
- total: 6739798