New York, May 15 (RHC)-- Thousands of fast-food workers staged a one-day strike today in least 150 cities across the United States and in more than 30 countries around the world.
Workers are demanding the right to organize and calling for a doubling of their wages from the current minimum wage of $7.25 an hour to $15 an hour.
Organizers with Fast Food Forward say the actions for better salaries and working conditions have spread to fast food restaurants throughout the world.
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Kenyan President visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3485
- today: 3420
- online: 99
- total: 4465906