Helena, September 27 (RHC)-- In the United States, a former Montana high school teacher convicted of raping a 14-year-old student who later committed suicide has been released from prison after completing his 30-day term.
Stacey Rambold’s month-long sentence sparked a national outcry, particularly after Judge Todd Baugh claimed Rambold’s 14-year-old victim was "older than her chronological age" and "as much in control of the situation" as her perpetrator.
Judge Baugh later apologized for his remarks, admitting they were "demeaning of all women."
Montana prosecutors are appealing Rambold’s sentence, saying he should have received a minimum of two years under state law. For now, Rambold will remain free.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 25 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 25, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 24 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 23 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 23, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 22, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6118
- today: 5796
- online: 303
- total: 8019170