Madrid, June 9 (RHC)-- Tens of thousands of people rallied in Spain over the weekend as part of a continued push for a referendum on ending the monarchy.
Anti-monarchy demonstrations have erupted since King Juan Carlos announced plans to abdicate the throne to his son Prince Felipe last week. The king was selected by dictator Francisco Franco and crowned after Franco’s death in 1975.
Meanwhile in the northern Basque region, an estimated 100,000 people held hands on Sunday to form a giant human chain calling for a vote on independence.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3691
- today: 2833
- online: 207
- total: 4081314