Madrid, June 9 (RHC)-- Tens of thousands of people rallied in Spain over the weekend as part of a continued push for a referendum on ending the monarchy.
Anti-monarchy demonstrations have erupted since King Juan Carlos announced plans to abdicate the throne to his son Prince Felipe last week. The king was selected by dictator Francisco Franco and crowned after Franco’s death in 1975.
Meanwhile in the northern Basque region, an estimated 100,000 people held hands on Sunday to form a giant human chain calling for a vote on independence.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 10693
- today: 1596
- online: 123
- total: 7000065