New Haven, October 18 (RHC)-- A Yale University professor in the U.S. who won the Nobel Prize for Economics this week has warned rising economic inequality is the most pressing issue facing the United States.
Robert Shiller, known for forecasting the dangers of the dotcom and housing market bubbles, was one of three Americans awarded the prize. He told reporters that if financial assets are applied correctly, "if it's democratized and the real tools are made useful to real people and not to just a minority of people, it can help solve these problems."
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3864
- today: 3165
- online: 85
- total: 4381151