Geneva, July 3 (RHC)-- The latest unrest also follows massive Israeli raids on the West Bank and airstrikes on Gaza that have killed around 12 Palestinians since mid-June.
Critics say the Israeli government has exploited the teens’ abduction to punish the Palestinian Authority for a unity deal with Hamas and for recent efforts to seek international recognition by joining U.N. conventions.
Speaking today in Geneva, UN Human Rights Commissioner Navi Pillay said: "From a human rights point of view, I utterly condemn [Palestinian] rocket attacks, and more especially, I condemn Israel’s excessive acts of retaliation."
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3691
- today: 1285
- online: 197
- total: 4079766