Geneva, July 3 (RHC)-- The latest unrest also follows massive Israeli raids on the West Bank and airstrikes on Gaza that have killed around 12 Palestinians since mid-June.
Critics say the Israeli government has exploited the teens’ abduction to punish the Palestinian Authority for a unity deal with Hamas and for recent efforts to seek international recognition by joining U.N. conventions.
Speaking today in Geneva, UN Human Rights Commissioner Navi Pillay said: "From a human rights point of view, I utterly condemn [Palestinian] rocket attacks, and more especially, I condemn Israel’s excessive acts of retaliation."
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Senator Leahy urges U.S. government to fully restaff Embassy in Havana
- Brazil: fighting fire with fire?
- The nuclear phantom flies again
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4641
- today: 4016
- online: 129
- total: 4365498