Gaza City, July 9 (RHC)-- The death toll from a day of bombing in Gaza has reached 28 as the Israeli regime continues its aggressions against the coastal strip.
In the early morning hours of Wednesday, an Israeli strike hit a house in Beit Hanoun in the north of the besieged enclave killing six people, including Islamic Jihad member Hafez Hamad.
Two of Hamad’s brothers, his parents, and an unidentified woman were also killed. According to reports, children were among those killed and over 150 injured during Tel Aviv’s attacks on the Gaza Strip on Tuesday.
The deadliest strike of the day took place when a missile hit a house in the southern Gaza city of Khan Yunis, leaving eight dead, emergency services spokesman Ashraf al-Qudra said.
The Israeli army said it carried out some 50 airstrikes on the coastal strip on Tuesday. Several residential buildings were targeted in the raids. Mohammad Shabaan, a military commander of the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas, is also among the fatalities.
Israel claims the attacks are a retaliation for Palestinian rocket attacks on southern Israeli territory. Today, a Qassam rocket fired from the Gaza Strip was intercepted by Israeli anti-missile defense system known as the Iron Dome, just above Tel Aviv, the Mid East country’s most populous city.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4088
- today: 4183
- online: 180
- total: 6640018