Kabul, Aug 4, (RHC), – Afghan national security forces backed by the army troops have killed 86 Taliban militants and injured 71 others during cleanup operations across the Asian country over the past 24 hours.
The Afghan Interior Ministry said in a statement issued on Monday that the militants were killed and injured during a series of operations carried out in Khost, Kunduz, Maidan Wardak, Nangarhar, Paktia, Sar-e Pol and Uruzgan provinces.
The statement further noted that 14 Taliban militants were also arrested during the operations.
The Taliban have not yet confirmed any casualties and made no comments on the operations.
Taliban has stepped up its attacks against the Afghan government, foreign forces and civilians. The group has vowed to escalate the attacks on Afghan forces and US-led troops, their bases, diplomatic missions and vehicle convoys.
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The British government erupts in flames
- Cuban president meets with Belize's prime minister
- Bolivian ambassador: division among regional countries only serves the imperialist, hegemonic interests of the United States
- Foreign minister: protecting the interests, well-being and personal integrity of Cubans will continue to be priorities of our country’s foreign policy
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3445
- today: 978
- online: 129
- total: 5545402