Kabul, Aug 4, (RHC), – Afghan national security forces backed by the army troops have killed 86 Taliban militants and injured 71 others during cleanup operations across the Asian country over the past 24 hours.
The Afghan Interior Ministry said in a statement issued on Monday that the militants were killed and injured during a series of operations carried out in Khost, Kunduz, Maidan Wardak, Nangarhar, Paktia, Sar-e Pol and Uruzgan provinces.
The statement further noted that 14 Taliban militants were also arrested during the operations.
The Taliban have not yet confirmed any casualties and made no comments on the operations.
Taliban has stepped up its attacks against the Afghan government, foreign forces and civilians. The group has vowed to escalate the attacks on Afghan forces and US-led troops, their bases, diplomatic missions and vehicle convoys.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3624
- today: 2038
- online: 142
- total: 5035933