Kabul, Aug 4, (RHC), – Afghan national security forces backed by the army troops have killed 86 Taliban militants and injured 71 others during cleanup operations across the Asian country over the past 24 hours.
The Afghan Interior Ministry said in a statement issued on Monday that the militants were killed and injured during a series of operations carried out in Khost, Kunduz, Maidan Wardak, Nangarhar, Paktia, Sar-e Pol and Uruzgan provinces.
The statement further noted that 14 Taliban militants were also arrested during the operations.
The Taliban have not yet confirmed any casualties and made no comments on the operations.
Taliban has stepped up its attacks against the Afghan government, foreign forces and civilians. The group has vowed to escalate the attacks on Afghan forces and US-led troops, their bases, diplomatic missions and vehicle convoys.
- Maduro's victory symbolizes his people's determination to not allow a capitalist rebirth in Venezuela
- Cuba congratulates re-elected Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- Maduro reelected, the struggle continues
- Cuba submits human rights report to UPR mechanism in Geneva
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4644
- today: 4354
- online: 103
- total: 4721359