Lisbon, October 22 (RHC)-- Anti-austerity protests are continuing to sweep across Europe.
In Madrid, Spain, a group of scientists, some wearing black, gathered to hold a moment of silence for the research they say has been killed by budget cuts. In Portugal, tens of thousands protested in the cities of Lisbon and Porto against the government’s plans to extend austerity cuts in next year’s budget.
And in Rome, Italy, tens of thousands took to the streets, one day after transportation, education and healthcare workers launched a 24-hour nationwide strike against continued austerity cuts in Italy’s new budget.
- Process of constitutional debates continues throughout Cuba
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. Scholar: Washington's policy towards Cuba throughout history has been a mistake
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Bolivia awaits for the sea
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel highlights broad public debates nationwide on draft of Cuban Constitution
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3039
- today: 787
- online: 77
- total: 5146822