Lisbon, October 22 (RHC)-- Anti-austerity protests are continuing to sweep across Europe.
In Madrid, Spain, a group of scientists, some wearing black, gathered to hold a moment of silence for the research they say has been killed by budget cuts. In Portugal, tens of thousands protested in the cities of Lisbon and Porto against the government’s plans to extend austerity cuts in next year’s budget.
And in Rome, Italy, tens of thousands took to the streets, one day after transportation, education and healthcare workers launched a 24-hour nationwide strike against continued austerity cuts in Italy’s new budget.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 1949
- online: 121
- total: 5863722