Lisbon, October 22 (RHC)-- Anti-austerity protests are continuing to sweep across Europe.
In Madrid, Spain, a group of scientists, some wearing black, gathered to hold a moment of silence for the research they say has been killed by budget cuts. In Portugal, tens of thousands protested in the cities of Lisbon and Porto against the government’s plans to extend austerity cuts in next year’s budget.
And in Rome, Italy, tens of thousands took to the streets, one day after transportation, education and healthcare workers launched a 24-hour nationwide strike against continued austerity cuts in Italy’s new budget.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3367
- today: 1420
- online: 152
- total: 4951084