Lisbon, October 22 (RHC)-- Anti-austerity protests are continuing to sweep across Europe.
In Madrid, Spain, a group of scientists, some wearing black, gathered to hold a moment of silence for the research they say has been killed by budget cuts. In Portugal, tens of thousands protested in the cities of Lisbon and Porto against the government’s plans to extend austerity cuts in next year’s budget.
And in Rome, Italy, tens of thousands took to the streets, one day after transportation, education and healthcare workers launched a 24-hour nationwide strike against continued austerity cuts in Italy’s new budget.
- Cuban president pays tribute to Comandante Juan Almeida
- XXI edition of the Habano Festival opens its doors
- RHC's every other weekly program Focus on Africa
- Ultra-right, very active in Spain's elections
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3486
- today: 938
- online: 135
- total: 5654429