Gaza City, August 8 (RHC)-- A 6-year-old girl has been killed and several others were injured in fresh Israeli attacks on the besieged Gaza Strip. This comes as Tel Aviv’s warplanes hit several residential areas across the northern and eastern parts of the Gaza Strip on Friday. Palestinian sources say nearly a dozen people were also wounded in the deadly attacks.
Initial reports say the renewal of the fighting has forced thousands of people in eastern Gaza to flee from their homes. The end of a 72-hour ceasefire prompted an order by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to attack the coastal enclave again. In retaliation, Palestinian resistance fighters have fired rockets and mortar shells into Israel since this morning, wounding three Israeli forces.
The Palestinian resistance movement Hamas says all Palestinian factions agreed not to renew the ceasefire, blaming Israel for refusing to meet their demands.
The Israeli regime’s 30 days of military attacks against the Gaza Strip, which began on July 8th, have claimed the lives of nearly 1,900 Palestinians, including more than 400 children, and wounded over 9,500 others.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4501
- today: 2527
- online: 154
- total: 6629919