Gaza City, August 18 (RHC)-- The death toll from the Israeli attacks on the besieged Gaza Strip has exceeded 2,000, according to reports from medical authorities in Gaza City.
Authorities said on Sunday that at least 2016 Palestinian people have lost their lives and as many as 10,193 others have suffered injuries since the Israeli military unleashed merciless attacks on the densely-inhabited Gaza Strip on July 8th.
The officials reported that more bodies are being recovered from the rubble and more wounded Palestinians die from their injuries. Nearly 540 children are reportedly among the dead.
Local reports indicate that some of the fatalities occur due to lack of necessary medical equipment and life support equipment in hospitals in the blockaded area. Gaza medical staff say hospitals in the blockaded coastal enclave are also suffering from the lack of electricity.
Palestinian officials have warned that a health crisis is imminent in the Gaza Strip unless serious measures are taken to stop it. Years of Israeli blockade as well as frequent military campaigns by the Tel Aviv regime have already shattered Gaza's health care system.
- Jorge Arreaza: Cuba and Venezuela are sister nations and we are on the right side of history
- Vietnamese deputy prime minister and foreign minister concludes official visit
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. academic says Washington's wars of aggression lead to more harm than good to the United States itself
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3262
- today: 1027
- online: 123
- total: 5944793