Gaza City, August 22 (RHC)-- Israel is continuing its military assault on the Gaza Strip, with the Palestinian news agency Ma’an reporting that five people have been killed today and at least 38 on Thursday.
Since the offensive began six weeks ago, at least 2,087 Palestinians have died, the majority civilians, while 67 people have died on the Israeli side, all but three of them soldiers. The renewed strikes have sent residents of Gaza fleeing to U.N. shelters yet again after some had returned to shattered neighborhoods.
A local Palestinian leader, Amal Ladiyali, told reporters: "Every day, there are people — men, women, elderly and children — getting killed. They mock us by giving us a bit of food to distract us. They are killing us and burying us at the same time."
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3624
- today: 1114
- online: 122
- total: 5035009