Gaza City, August 22 (RHC)-- Israel is continuing its military assault on the Gaza Strip, with the Palestinian news agency Ma’an reporting that five people have been killed today and at least 38 on Thursday.
Since the offensive began six weeks ago, at least 2,087 Palestinians have died, the majority civilians, while 67 people have died on the Israeli side, all but three of them soldiers. The renewed strikes have sent residents of Gaza fleeing to U.N. shelters yet again after some had returned to shattered neighborhoods.
A local Palestinian leader, Amal Ladiyali, told reporters: "Every day, there are people — men, women, elderly and children — getting killed. They mock us by giving us a bit of food to distract us. They are killing us and burying us at the same time."
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Municipal Assemblies of People's Power to Hold Special Session on Saturday
- Replica of First Equestrian Statue of José Martí to be Inugurated on January 28th in Havana
- Cuba Receives Award as Safest Country for Tourism at FITUR 2018
- Russian Federation Bestows Friendship Order on Havana's Historian Eusebio Leal
- RHC's Arts Roundup
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4608
- today: 3607
- online: 204
- total: 4228781