Brasilia, August 30 (Prensa Latina-RHC)-- The Brazilian population reached 202,768,562 in July, according figures released in the Official Gazette by the Institute of Geography and Statistics (IBGE).
This represents an increase of 0.86 percent in the 5,570 municipalities in the nation.
Among the states with the highest number of citizens are Sao Paulo, with 44.03 million, Minas Gerais (20.73 million), Rio de Janeiro (16.46 million), Bahia (15.13 million), Rio Grande do Sul (11.21 million) and Paraná (11.08 million).
Cities with more than five million inhabitants include Pernambuco (9.28 million), Ceará (8.84 million), Pará (8.08 million), Maranhão (6.85 million), Santa Catarina (6.73 million) and Goiás (6.52 million).
Among the federal territories with less than a million inhabitants are Roraima (496,900), Amapá (750,900) and Acre (790,100).
For cities, not including the surrounding metropolitan areas, Sao Paulo has the largest population: 11.9 million Brazilians, followed by Rio de Janeiro with 6.4 million, Salvador with 2.9 million and Brasilia with 2.8 million.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3693
- today: 1953
- online: 112
- total: 4844090