The move comes after house-to-house searches reportedly found hundreds of new cases and more than 260 dead bodies. Official figures show the Ebola outbreak in West Africa has infected more than 6,000 people and killed around half that number, though the actual toll could be higher.
Freetown, September 25 (RHC)-- Sierra Leone has imposed the quarantine of more than a third of its population in an effort to contain the outbreak of Ebola. A new order cuts off around 1.2 million people on top of the nearly one million others previously sealed off.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- European Union Urges Israel to Stop Building Illegal Settlements
- Cuban tourism is secure and on the rise
- Financial Giant Wells Fargo Fined $185 Million for Creating Phony Accounts and Credit Cards
- 60th Anniversary of the Landing of the Granma
- Excerpts of Speech by Cuban President Raul Castro, December 3rd, Santiago de Cuba