Washington, October 2 (RHC)-- The head of the U.S. Secret Service has resigned after major lapses in the protection of President Barack Obama and his family.
Julia Pierson’s departure comes after an armed intruder made it inside the White House after scaling a fence, running across the lawn, and entering through an unlocked door.
The Secret Service later admitted an armed security guard with a criminal record was allowed to ride in an elevator with President Obama in Atlanta earlier this month. The White House says it was only informed of the elevator incident shortly before it was revealed in a news report this week.
Julia Pierson had initially been appointed after a 2012 scandal when a dozen Secret Service agents solicited prostitutes in Colombia.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3214
- today: 2925
- online: 114
- total: 5255475