Stockholm, October 31 (RHC)-- Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai has promised to donate $50,000 to rebuild schools in Gaza that were damaged by this summer’s Israeli offensive.
After receiving the World Children’s Prize in Sweden, Yousafzai said she would donate all the prize money to the UN agency for Palestinian refugees. She said she was "really happy that this funding will help in the rebuilding of 65 schools in Gaza."
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3367
- today: 853
- online: 113
- total: 4950517