Washington, November 3 (RHC)-- A new probe finds U.S. federal officials severely botched the investigation of a suspected arms smuggler and allowed him to funnel grenade parts into Mexico.
The probe by the U.S. Justice Department inspector general involved the Phoenix, Arizona, division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives -- the same unit involved in the botched gun-sting operation Fast and Furious.
In this case, U.S. agents intercepted shipments of grenade parts, but allowed them to be delivered to alleged smuggler Jean Baptiste Kingery. Some of the parts later turned up at a crime scene in Mexico.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4133
- today: 3117
- online: 121
- total: 4939023