Washington, November 3 (RHC)-- A new probe finds U.S. federal officials severely botched the investigation of a suspected arms smuggler and allowed him to funnel grenade parts into Mexico.
The probe by the U.S. Justice Department inspector general involved the Phoenix, Arizona, division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives -- the same unit involved in the botched gun-sting operation Fast and Furious.
In this case, U.S. agents intercepted shipments of grenade parts, but allowed them to be delivered to alleged smuggler Jean Baptiste Kingery. Some of the parts later turned up at a crime scene in Mexico.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4164
- today: 2498
- online: 145
- total: 4484251