New Delhi, December 2 (RHC)-- Today marks the 30th anniversary of the Bhopal disaster, the worst industrial tragedy in history. Campaigners say more than 20,000 people died as a result of toxic gas that leaked from the Union Carbide pesticide factory, while half a million more were poisoned.
The toxic legacy continues as Union Carbide and its parent firm, Dow Chemical, have refused to pay for clean up or face charges in Indian courts.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3367
- today: 2511
- online: 122
- total: 4952175