New Delhi, December 2 (RHC)-- Today marks the 30th anniversary of the Bhopal disaster, the worst industrial tragedy in history. Campaigners say more than 20,000 people died as a result of toxic gas that leaked from the Union Carbide pesticide factory, while half a million more were poisoned.
The toxic legacy continues as Union Carbide and its parent firm, Dow Chemical, have refused to pay for clean up or face charges in Indian courts.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4099
- today: 536
- online: 93
- total: 4486388