Beijing, December 30 (RHC-Xinhua) -- China will work with members of the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) to prepare for the first China-CELAC ministerial forum, said a Foreign Ministry spokeswoman on Monday.
The meeting is scheduled to be held in Beijing on January 8th and 9th. Foreign ministers or representatives from China and CELAC, together with heads of some Latin American regional organizations will attend.
The second CELAC summit, last January, did important groundwork to establish the forum.
The meeting will discuss guiding principles of cooperation, major cooperative areas and institution building issues, said spokesperson Hua Chunying.
China is willing to engage in dialogue with other Latin American organizations to build a cooperative network enabling the two sides to complement each other with their own advantages, she said.
Established in December 2011 in Caracas, Venezuela, CELAC comprises all countries in North and South Americas but the United States and Canada.
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3933
- today: 3418
- online: 140
- total: 4477098