Brasilia, February 6 (RHC-PL) -- Almost 63 million people will benefit this year with the "Más médicos" program (“More Doctors”), which will open 1,146 new positions to expand health services across the country.
In compliance with President Dilma Roussef's electoral promises the project, which started in 2013, will have 18,247 doctors working in primary health care units in more than four thousand municipalities and 34 indigenous districts.
The huge support received in the places benefited by the program shows the impact and confidence authorities have in the program, said Health Minister Arturo Chioro, who stressed the new stage will be an opportunity to increase and expand the program.
Roussef had announced that during her second term she would increase health services with experts on heart and orthopedic problems, as well as laboratory staff to carry out blood tests and checkups.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 11, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 10, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 9, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 09, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 8, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 08, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6058
- today: 5844
- online: 234
- total: 8314873