Abuja, March 6 (RHC)-- Suspected Boko Haram militants have attacked a village in northeastern Nigeria, killing at least 68 people. Reports said Thursday that the attack was carried out in Njaba village in Borno State. The Takfiri militants targeted men and boys and then set the village on fire.
Fatima Abaka, a witness, was quoted by news website Sahara Reporters as saying, "I ran into the bush. Since then I [have] never seen my husband and three children."
Aminatu Mommodu, another witness, said several villagers had been shot or their throats had been slashed inside and outside of the village's mosque. Elderly men and children were among the victims of the attack, witnesses added.
Boko Haram has claimed responsibility for a number of deadly shooting attacks and bombings in various parts of Nigeria since the beginning of its activities in 2009, which have left over 13,000 people dead and 1.5 million displaced.
Boko Haram has also conducted terrorist activities in Nigeria's neighboring countries of Cameroon, Chad, and Niger.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 29 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 28 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 28, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 27, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 27 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 26, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6221
- today: 2247
- online: 169
- total: 8048455