BAGHDAD, March 17 (RHC) -- A total of 22 militants from the Islamic State (IS) extremist group were killed on Tuesday in an airstrike and two IS attacks on Iraqi forces in north of the Iraqi capital of Baghdad, security sources said.
The battles to free the city of Tikrit from IS militants have been stalled as the militants planted thousands of bombs and dozens of booby-trapped buildings and cars, but sporadic clashes continued.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 7938
- today: 7497
- online: 187
- total: 7013904