Sanaa, March 24 (RHC)-- Yemen’s Foreign Minister has called for military assistance from Gulf Arab states to stop the advance of Shia Houthi fighters into the south of the country.
Riyadh Yassen told reporters: “We have requested this (military intervention) for the sake of speed because time is not in anyone’s favor, especially not in the favor of those behind constitutional legitimacy.”
The Houthis took control of Yemen’s capital, Sanaa, in September. They seized Taiz, the country’s third largest city, at the weekend.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- U.S. medical student says coming back to study in Cuba allowed him to reconnect with his roots
- Migration and defense: main points in European elections
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2560
- today: 1552
- online: 97
- total: 5936375