Tikrit, March 31 (RHC-Xinhua) -- Iraqi security forces on Tuesday retook control of Salahudin's provincial government compound and several presidential palaces from the Islamic State (IS) militants in the provincial capital city of Tikrit, a provincial security source said.
The troops backed by allied Shiite and Sunni militias and covered by U.S.-led coalition and Iraqi aircraft made significant advance during the past 24 hours, after they seized government compound, which includes the provincial government building, in the southern part of Tikrit.
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Widespread International Rejection of Donald Trump's Decision on Jerusalem
- ALBA-TCP General Secretary Highlights in Havana Importance of Unity among Latin American Peoples
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part III)
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part II)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 2744
- online: 200
- total: 4098699