Tikrit, March 31 (RHC-Xinhua) -- Iraqi security forces on Tuesday retook control of Salahudin's provincial government compound and several presidential palaces from the Islamic State (IS) militants in the provincial capital city of Tikrit, a provincial security source said.
The troops backed by allied Shiite and Sunni militias and covered by U.S.-led coalition and Iraqi aircraft made significant advance during the past 24 hours, after they seized government compound, which includes the provincial government building, in the southern part of Tikrit.
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Kenyan President visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3641
- today: 3111
- online: 96
- total: 4462112