Tikrit, March 31 (RHC-Xinhua) -- Iraqi security forces on Tuesday retook control of Salahudin's provincial government compound and several presidential palaces from the Islamic State (IS) militants in the provincial capital city of Tikrit, a provincial security source said.
The troops backed by allied Shiite and Sunni militias and covered by U.S.-led coalition and Iraqi aircraft made significant advance during the past 24 hours, after they seized government compound, which includes the provincial government building, in the southern part of Tikrit.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4070
- today: 2572
- online: 114
- total: 4934345