MADRID, April 8 (Xinhua) -- Spain could face heat waves with temperatures of up to 50 degrees Celsius by the year 2050, according to a report on the effects of climate change published on Tuesday.
The document, "1950-2050: The Impact of Climate Change in Spain and Europe: perception and impact," was drawn up for the environmentalist party Equo by Spanish climatologist, Jonathan Gomez Cantero.
The report describes climate change as "one of the worst environmental disasters in human history" and predicts a future in which Spain suffers from extreme heat in summer with "heatwaves regularly reaching 50 degrees Celsius."
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2955
- today: 3371
- online: 95
- total: 4830157