GAZA, April 11 (Xinhua) -- Although Palestinians are deeply concerned over the ongoing fighting in the Palestinian refugee camp of Yarmouk, south of the Syrian capital Damascus, they reject resorting to a military option to solve the crisis there, Xinhua news agency reports.
They opposed a Syrian proposal to bomb the refugee camp and destroy it in order to get rid of the Islamic State (IS) militias that stormed the camp two weeks ago.
The military option is rejected by the Palestinians, and all parties, the Palestinians and the Syrians, have to work on how to protect the civilians in the refugee camp and save their lives, Samir Awad, a Ramallah-based political analyst and writer, told Xinhua over the phone.
However, Awad proposed that if there are still armed Palestinian groups in the camp, they could have the power to fight the IS.
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- RHC's national and international news stories
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel highlighted the efforts of Cuban diplomacy to defend the values of the Revolution in every scenario
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8608
- today: 4810
- online: 270
- total: 7368273