Washington, April 17 (RHC)-- In the United States, a 61-year-old mailman who flew a gyrocopter onto the lawn of the U.S. Capitol in a call for campaign finance reform has been released pending federal charges.
Doug Hughes could face up to four years in prison on charges of violating national defense air space and operating an unregistered aircraft. Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said Hughes literally flew below the radar, going undetected, before landing on the Capitol lawn.
Doug Hughes was carrying 535 letters to every member of Congress demanding they take action on campaign finance reform.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 1402
- online: 184
- total: 3835372