Washington, April 17 (RHC)-- In the United States, a 61-year-old mailman who flew a gyrocopter onto the lawn of the U.S. Capitol in a call for campaign finance reform has been released pending federal charges.
Doug Hughes could face up to four years in prison on charges of violating national defense air space and operating an unregistered aircraft. Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said Hughes literally flew below the radar, going undetected, before landing on the Capitol lawn.
Doug Hughes was carrying 535 letters to every member of Congress demanding they take action on campaign finance reform.
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Kenyan President visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3485
- today: 60
- online: 60
- total: 4462546