Washington, April 22 (RHC)-- Protesters who walked over 200 miles from Staten Island, New York, to Washington, D.C., to oppose police killings of unarmed people of color rallied at the U.S. Capitol Tuesday.
Carmen Perez, an organizer of the nine-day March 2 Justice, said the march should be part of a larger cultural shift. She said that the marchers have three pieces of federal legislation to address police brutality and racial profiling.
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8873
- today: 2917
- online: 185
- total: 7384360