Gaza City, April 24 (RHC)-- Israeli tanks have shelled an area in the northern Gaza Strip following a claim by the Israeli military that a rocket was fired from the Palestinian enclave toward Israel.
Palestinian sources, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the shelling targeted an open area near Beit Hanoun city late on Thursday night. Israeli media had initially reported th at Israeli warplanes carried out airstrikes against Gaza. There were no immediate reports about the possible casualties and damage from the Israeli shelling.
The Israeli military claimed that the shelling was carried out a few hours after a rocket fired from the impoverished Palestinian coastal sliver hit an open field in Shaar HaNegev. No injuries or damages were reported.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4001
- today: 3387
- online: 192
- total: 4078177