Gaza City, April 24 (RHC)-- Israeli tanks have shelled an area in the northern Gaza Strip following a claim by the Israeli military that a rocket was fired from the Palestinian enclave toward Israel.
Palestinian sources, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the shelling targeted an open area near Beit Hanoun city late on Thursday night. Israeli media had initially reported th at Israeli warplanes carried out airstrikes against Gaza. There were no immediate reports about the possible casualties and damage from the Israeli shelling.
The Israeli military claimed that the shelling was carried out a few hours after a rocket fired from the impoverished Palestinian coastal sliver hit an open field in Shaar HaNegev. No injuries or damages were reported.
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Senator Leahy urges U.S. government to fully restaff Embassy in Havana
- Brazil: fighting fire with fire?
- The nuclear phantom flies again
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4641
- today: 4021
- online: 130
- total: 4365503